Here at the St. Norbert Farmers’ Market, we hosted our inaugural Chili Cook-off for Charity on March 25th, 2023!
Our market vendors came together to cook for the charity or non-profit organization of their choice! Participants whipped up enough chili for 200 hungry guests using mainly local ingredients, most of them available right here at the market!
We would like to extend our gratitude to the vendors who have contributed their time and their resources into making this event possible! Pictured Above (From Top: Left to Right)
1) Zinn Farms/Wienerpeg – This Little Piggy Didn’t Make it Back from the Market for “The Urban”
2) Dead Horse Cider – Corn and Apple Chili for “iDE International Development Enterprise”
3) Fat Iguana Chefs Kitchen – Honey Bourbon Espresso Rib with Lion’s Mane, Roast Onion & Black Eyed Bean Chili for “Manitoba Mutts Dog Rescue Inc.”
4) Prairie Quinoa – Quinoa Turkey Chili for “Harvest Manitoba”
5) Simba Safari Grill – Simba’s Coconut Chili for “Youth for Christ”
6) Nature’s Farm – Market Chili for “Run with Rob for CMV Canada”
7) The Stak Co. – Give Me Some Love for “St. Norbert Farmers’ Market Co-op”
8) Blue Lagoon Organics- Pulled Chicken Chili for “St. Francois Xavier Community Club”
9) Amanda Lynn Gluten Free – Vegetable Beef Chili for “Accueil Kateri Centre Inc, Ste. Anne Food Bank”
10) KarenFood – Chocolate Chili for “Mennonite Central Committee”
11) Barb’s Kitchen – Hillbilly Chili for “Genesis House”
12) Old Church Bakery – Chili Chili Bang Bang for “Agape House Steinbach”
Ticket holders were automatically entered to win 2 tickets to Shania Twain, live at the Canada Life Center (courtesy of The Stak Co.) and a one-night stay at Inn at the Forks, a jam-packed picnic basket from MB Food and Beverage and a basket full of goodies from the Red River Co-op. *Winners have been contacted.
All event goers were given 3 voting cards to vote for their favourite chilis to determine the winners.
The votes are in! Congratulations to our winners!
First Place – Fat Iguana Chefs Kitchen – Honey Bourbon Espresso Rib with Lion’s Mane, Roast Onion & Black Eyed Bean Chili for “Manitoba Mutts Dog Rescue Inc.”
Second Place – Blue Lagoon Organics- Pulled Chicken Chili for “St. Francois Xavier Community Club”
Third Place – Nature’s Farm – Market Chili for “Run with Rob for CMV Canada”
Thank you to all of those who supported and attended this event and congratulations to winning vendors and their organizations, and to the winners of the door prizes! We hope to see you back at the market soon.